During these uncertain times, AVM Wisconsin is committed to our mission, “To provide education, networking, support, resources and opportunities for professional growth to those in the field of volunteer engagement”. As COVID-19 impacts Wisconsin and the world, AVM is here to support you. We will utilize our social media platforms to share the latest information & COVID-19 updates pertinent to nonprofits, provide opportunities to network, facilitate a platform for members and non-members to share resources, volunteer/organizational needs, and suggested virtual engagement activities for others in our field.
- AVM Wisconsin Board of Directors
- Don’t panic. Generally, the disease is spread from person to person. If you have not been within six feet of someone who has it, your chances of contracting it are low.
- If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or difficulty breathing, call your health care provider before seeking care.
- Stay home: here are the CDC guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID-19 if you’re sick as well as caring for yourself at home.
- Plan a video visit: consult with your insurance provider and/or local pharmacy, or CVS/Walgreens for pricing/options.
- Only call 911 if you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms or are having an emergency (make sure to tell them about your symptoms and travel history).
- Milwaukee County COVID-19 Dashboard (Live updates)
- Stay Home MKE (Milwaukee County)
- From the CDC
- From the World Health Organization
- World Health Organization Daily Reports
- From the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
- Medical College of Wisconsin Covid-19 Resource Center
- Tips for Coping with Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) Concerns (UWM Counseling Services)
- Flu Treatment and Prevention
- Medical College of Wisconsin Coronavirus (COVID-19) Resource Center
If you have general questions, here are some hotlines and websites that can help:
- Wisconsin 211 coronavirus information
- A listing of Wisconsin nurse and health hotlines can be found here.
- The Froedtert & Medical College of Wisconsin COVID-19 hotline: 414-805-2000
- The Advocate Aurora Health COVID-19 hotline: 866-443-2584
- The Ascension COVID-19 hotline: 833-978-0649
- The VA’s COVID-19 hotline: 888-469-6614
- COVID-19 Facts (Milwaukee PBS)
Nonprofit Community Resources
- WEDC Safer At Home & Essential Business Information
- H.R.6201 - Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- UWGMWC COVID-19 Urgent Needs Fund
- Paycheck Protection Program (US Chamber of Commerce)
- New Webinars and Online Discussion for Human Services Organizations Addressing Coronavirus (Alliance for Strong Families & Communities)
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES ACT): Summary for Nonprofits (Independent Sector)
- What Nonprofit Board Members Should be Doing Right Now to Address the COVID-19 Situation (BoardSource)
- Leading an Organization Through the COVID-19 Crisis (BoardSource)
- From Sustainability to Survivability: How Nonprofits Can Manage Uncertainty Amid Crisis (Spectrum Nonprofit Services)
- Help! Coronavirus Might Force Me to Cancel My Fundraising Event (Network for Good)
- The latest in Covid-19 Resources (Network for Good)
- Free Fundraising Resources Library (Network for Good)
- How Nonprofits Can Utilize the New Federal Laws Dealing with COVID-19 (NonProfit Quarterly)
- Worksafe Practices (MMAC)
- MMAC Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Product Marketplace
- NPlace COVID-19 Response topic page
- Guidance for Nonprofits Navigating Safely Reopening in Wisconsin (Jobs That Help)
- City of Milwaukee Health Department
- Cleaning and Disinfection for Community Facilities (CDC)
- Free COVID-19 Contact Tracing Course (Coursera, John Hopkins University)
- Industry-specific guidance to safely re-open (Back To Work Safely)
- Wisconsin's Statewide Mask Mandate FAQ, August 1st, 2020
Volunteer Management Resources
- Responding to COVID-19: Actionable Steps for Volunteer Managers
- 5 Ways to Connect with Elders in the Time of COVID-19 (TimeSlips)
- VolunteerMatch Collaborative, a Slack community to share ideas, best practices, and stay connected
- VolunteerMatch Engaging Volunteers Blog with tips and tools, and opportunities to collaborate
Volunteer Waivers & Agreements (These examples are not intended to provide or replace advice from a qualified legal practitioner)
- VolunteerPro Video: Volunteer Waivers
- Audio Reading Service Pandemic Health and Safety Protocols
- Baptist Hospitals of Southeast Texas Return to Service Volunteer Requirements
Work From Home Resources
- Working From Home Info Security - AVM Training Webinar
- 5 Tips for Managing Remotely During COVID-19
- Digital Resilience in the Time of Coronavirus
- Nonprofit Resources for Remote Work During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- How to build trust on a remote team (Zapier)
- A side-by-side comparison from Tech Soup, to help in Understanding the Videoconferencing Tools Available to Your Nonprofit
- LinkedIn Learning shares resources on optimizing Remote Working: Setting Yourself and Your Teams Up for Success
- Best Practices for Hosting a Digital Event
- Tips for Hosting online Conversations
- NY TImes: Everything you need to know about working from home during coronavirus
- Tips for working from home during the coronavirus pandemic (CBS News)
- COVID-19 Child Care Resources (WI Dept. of Children & Families)
Options for Video Meetings: (Please note: AVM Wisconsin does not endorse any of these platforms, nor can we provide technical support)
- Basic – Free – Meetings for a limited number of participants for up to 40 minutes.
- Zoom Pro – $14.99 per month – Up to 100 participants per meeting. No time limit.
- Zoom is available Free for educational use
- Google Meet – Free – Restrictions vary based on whether they are using Google Suite or regular Gmail as a host account.
- Cisco WebEx – Free during the Pandemic
- Microsoft Teams – Microsoft has tools within their MS Teams platform, both for paid and free users available as part of their response to the pandemic.
- DWD - Unemployment Application
- Jobs That Help
- Odd Jobs (Facebook)
- Wisconsin Nonprofit Career Center
- Beef Jerky Outlet
- Domino’s Pizza
- Midwest Refrigerated Services
- QPS Employment Group
- Sendik's Food Markets
- Toppers Pizza
- Woodman’s Market
- Listing of free Milwaukee-area school lunches, food pantries (Journal-Sentinel)
- Boys & Girls Club Meal Contination Program
- Free Streaming Services
- Home/Work (Milwaukee PBS)
- Kids Learning Resources (Milwaukee PBS)
- MKE Strong App (A guide to local restaurants, retailers, artists and how to support them)
- Wisconsin Veteran's Chamber of Commerce COVID-19 Guide
- Free Virtual Field Trips all over the world!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams
- Virtual Wisconsin Family Attractions
- Discovery World @ Home
- Virtual Tours & Teaching Resources from Milwaukee Art Museum
- Milwaukee Public Museum
- Visit animals at the Milwaukee County Zoo virtually
- Jewish Museum Milwaukee is sharing museum moments via Facebook Live
- Check out eBooks, Audiobooks & Movies from Milwaukee County Libraries, via free apps like Libby, OverDrive, Hoopla & Kanopy
- Play at Home - Playworks
- Play at Home Playbook - Playworks
This is a constantly evolving collection of resources and information. If you have something to add to this page, please email info@AVMWisconsin.
We look forward to hearing from you!